We thank you for considering joining the Illinois Athletic Trainers Association. We welcome you to join this incredible group of health care professionals dedicated to the advocacy and advancement of Athletic Training in Illinois. Your membership helps in our efforts not only because it increases our reach, but also because we gain a new ally (you!) in Illinois, dedicated to being an active member in our association. Please utilize the resources on this website and our social media channels for up-to-date information essential to the practice of athletic training in Illinois. Never hesitate to reach out your region representatives or anyone on the board of directors with any questions or needs you may have.
President Jordan Anderson, MS, ATC
• Did you know that if you are an NATA member, you're automatically an IATA member as well? The membership fee you pay to the NATA is divided into several parts. Part of it stays with the NATA to provide advocacy and programming on a national level. Another part is distributed to the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association (GLATA) to support ATs at the regional level. Finally, a portion of your dues comes back to Illinois, to help the IATA advocate for you on a local level! So, if you're already an NATA member, you don't need to apply to become an IATA member. You're already one of us!
• What happens when you apply to become an IATA member? When you click "submit", your application goes directly to the Membership Director. They review it and contact you if they need any additional information. You'll also receive an invoice from our Vice President to pay your membership dues online. Once we receive your payment, the Membership Director confirms that you're a member with you! You'll also receive instructions on how to access the Members section of our website.
• Commonly, athletic training association memberships renew on January 1st. IATA direct membership (when you apply directly to the IATA, instead of through the NATA) is based on the day of submission of your application, for one year.
• Advocacy for secondary school athletic trainers at the Illinois Association of School Boards' annual convention
• Hosting the Korey Stringer Institute for a Team Up For Sports Safety event, highlighting the importance of policy creation for student-athlete safety
• Ongoing partnership with the Illinois High School Association's Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
• Midwest Orthopedics at Rush “Knees for Life” campaign
• Annual state symposium
• Maintaining state licensure, updating legislative language and the “Sunset Review”
• Annual IATA Golf outing supporting the Political Action Committee (PAC) and scholarship funds
• And many more!
As a new member, we encourage you to sign up for your National Provider Identification number (NPI#). Instructions to do so can be found at www.nata.org/NPI. It is free and can take as little as 5 minutes!
We would like you to take a look at the IATA Constitution & By-Laws, particularly at the committees. If you have interest in getting involved with the IATA or a committee in particular, please contact the IATA Membership Director:
Greg Gaa at firstname.lastname@example.org
The IATA is divided into four regions, each with a representative to the Board. This is designed to ensure an equal voice for athletic trainers across the state with regards to IATA matters. Please consult the map below to find out which region you are in. If you would like to contact your region representative, click here.