Supporting the Growth of Athletic Trainers to Improve Healthcare in Illinois
The Illinois Athletic Trainers Association, Inc. (IATA) is a professional membership organization for licensed athletic trainers, athletic training students, and those in the public who support the athletic training profession in the State of Illinois.
What is a Certified Athletic Trainer?
An athletic trainer is a allied healthcare professional who collaborates with physicians to optimize care for the safe return to activity and participation by patients and clients. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, diagnosis, and intervention of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities.
Benefits of Joining IATA
When you join the Illinois Athletic Trainers Association, you're able to:
- Take athletic training continuing education courses
- Work with various sports medicine committees to advance special interests within athletic training
- Attend the annual state meeting and symposium at a discounted rate
- Maintain your state licensure (with updated legislative language)
- Attend exclusive events to create industry connections
The 2023 IATA membership survey was distributed to all members of the IATA via email on January 15, 2023, and was open for three weeks, until...Read More
Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the City of Chicago have proclaimed March as National Athletic Training Month! Thank you, Mayor Lightfoot, for recognizing...Read More