Annual Meeting & Clinical Symposium
Registration opens soon for our 2024 Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposium!
Check back on March 1st for registration and accommodation information.
2023 Meeting & Clinical Symposium Summary
The weekend began with a Board of Directors Meet & Greet at Granite City Brewery in Naperville on June 8th at 6pm. Events at the Sheraton began at 10am on June 9th, with a Board of Directors meeting and IHSA Wrestling Weight Assessor's certification course for secondary school athletic trainers. The first lecture of the weekend started at 1pm. Highlights of Friday evening included a happy hour, recognition of our award and scholarship winners, and the annual social.
Events on Saturday, June 10th began at 7:30 with breakfast and the exhibit hall. Participants engaged in lectures on Saturday until 2:00pm. Presenters spoke on topics from Mobilization with Movement, to secondary school student aides, OSHA, and transitions to nontraditional AT settings. Through our meeting app, we were able to offer several additional virtual CEUs that participants could watch at their convenience. Overall, the weekend was a great success, as we reconnected and explored topics outside of our typical realm. We look forward to another busy annual meeting next June!
What is the Annual Meeting & Clinical Symposium?
The Annual Clinical Symposium is held in June each year, and typically rotates between a suburban and downstate location. Members and guests are invited to join us for a weekend of educational sessions, professional networking, and recognition of our accomplishments. We proudly honor our award and scholarship winners at the meeting, and offer numerous continuing education classes relevant to the needs of Illinois athletic trainers.
If you would like to be involved in helping to plan the annual meeting, please contact the Vice President. If you have an idea for educational content or would like to contribute to the continuing education portion of the meeting, please contact the Education Committee chair. An official call for proposals goes out several months before the next annual meeting. Our goal is to provide a weekend of events for athletic trainers and their families alike. If you have suggestions for future annual meetings, we would love to hear from you. Please use this contact form to share your ideas with us.
Past State Meeting Resources
- Fueling Growth, Health, and Performance in the High School Athlete
- Neurodynamic Testing and Neural Mobilization
- When Can I Play Again? Measures to Improve Return to Sport Decision-Making
- Sleep Well, Elite Athlete: The Impact of Sleep Deprivation on Sports Performance
- Unlocking the Power of Breathing on Core Strength and Stability
- Managing Acute Concussions: Role of Sleep and Physical Activity on Symptom Burden in Young Adults
- Interprofessional Collaboration: Athletic Trainers and School Nurses
- Traumatic Injuries in Rugby
- The Role of the Athletic Trainer in a Diabetic Athlete's Management
- Psychological Concerns at the Secondary School
- The Roles of Psychology in Sport: Applications and Understandings
- Physical and Psychological Factors in Persistent Concussion Symptoms
- Integrating Sport Psychology Services with ACL Rehab Treatment with College Student- Athletes